Saturday, February 25, 2012

Jack Tyler's Mexico is a Finalist for Favorite Mexico Blog in About.com’s Readers’ Choice Awards!

 

About.com Readers' Choice Awards Mexico Travel

Jack Tyler's Mexico is a FINALIST  in the About.com Readers’ Choice Awards for Favorite Mexico Blog!

You may vote once a day until March 22nd (That's nearly 30 votes if you have nothing else to do)!

Click Here To Vote!

Here's a little about me and the philosophy that guides me in writing Jack Tyler's Mexico:

As a young boy in the 1950's I first visited towns along the Texas/Mexico border with my parents. That started a love affair with a country that I have visited all of my life; writing and photographing my first article about Mexico in Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo in 1976. I have traveled and written about Mexico, her people, her cultures and her cuisines for over 35 years.

As a magazine publisher I used my experiences in Mexico to launch Mexico Travel & Life magazine and spent increasingly more time there to build my knowledge of the country and her varied cuisines while writing about them for English-speaking North American audiences. I am an avid explorer of her archaeological and UNESCO World Heritage sites and am an enthusiastic explorer of her cuisines; learned region by region and town by town.

I have published many magazines over the years of my 35 year career as a writer/publisher, such as Performing Arts Houston; Theatre and the Performing Arts; Co-founder of Performing Arts; Houston Restaurant Business; Post Oak Boulevard; Mexico Travel and Life; Philanthropy In Texas (now Philanthropy World). All of these have given me great pleasure and have brought me to this point in my life.

Hopefully, these little vignettes of Mexican life and history, mixed with her unique and exciting foods, wines and spirits will interest you as much as they interest me and that you will all respond with your trip comments and recipe requests.
Click here to vote for Jack Tyler's Mexico!

We are also honored to have won the Golden Deer Award from the Mazatlan Hotel Association!

No comments: